Old 13-02-2003, 09:40 AM
bobwhite

Default worms

"Babberney" Makes me wonder
if fish-bait worms would be able to plow through our soil and help
carry the mulch downward like I thought.

Thanks,
Keith

Am not an expert on worms by any means, but I do buy bait. Some bait
worms might work, but some definitely wouldn't.

Regular small earthworms appear to be just like those I find in our flower
beds, so look at the bait, if they are like regular worms, I think they
would work.

Night crawlers are a very large earth worm and have a flat hear (or is it
the tail). They may be about as big around as a wooden pencil, and up to
five or six inches long. These definitely won't live. They are a cold
weather creature and quickly die in the heat. I have to keep them in the
fridge if I save them from one week end to the next.
Don't use them.

Then there is something I see called "red wigglers", which is a skinny red
worm a couple inches long. I never buy them nor have I ever seen them in
the natural state. I rather doubt if they would do much good if they even
lived.

That's all al I know.