Old 14-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Babberney

Default worms

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:47:09 -0600, (Joe Doe)
wrote:
(extensive resources snipped)

So even though it is generally dogma in organic circles that earthworms do
only good it is clear that sometimes they can do harm or may be of no
benefit at all. Taken together it is clear that there is no one answer
wrt to earthworm introduction that is universally true for all plant
species.

Roland

Thanks, Roland (and Dale and bobwhite). I guess I should stick to
telling people to mulch and let the worms take care of themselves. I
must confess I still have a lot of reading to do to completely process
the volumes of info from Roland, but in the short term I'll go with
what I know.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html