Old 16-02-2003, 10:14 PM
animaux

Default Pond Q's

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:41:09 +0000 (UTC), (Victor M.
Martinez) wrote:

That rule of thumb applies only to tropical slender fish. The rule of thumb
for goldfish is 10 gallons per inch of fish.

Yes, you are right.

Which bottom feeders do you have? Do they survive the winter?

We have Kory catfish, but we bring them in during the winter. I don't know
anything which would survive outside and bottom feed, but I have to believe
there must be something.

There is a natural way to prevent string algae (which robs nutrients that
could otherwise be used by the lillies and the bog plants). Submerged barley
bale helps reduce (or eliminate) unsightly string algae. Give it a shot.

Yes, I use barley mats. There is a nice balance in the pond. Sting algae is a
pain in the butt. I'm going to power wash the pond and try to get rid of it all
sometime this coming week. It was just too cold and windy today or we were
going to address the pond today.