Old 19-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Steve Coyle

Default Roses?

On the posted list of Roses my favorite would be Don Juan and Dortmund
..I second the opinion on Don Juan, and as far as the Dortmund goes,
this is a more aggressive grower for a landscape Rose. ( For cut
flowers I'd use the Don Juan, the Dortmund is a single ) Brilliant
red, with a white center, yellow stamens. What I like about it for a
landscape Rose is that the leaves are real glossy and bright. It is
a thorny Rose, so it's ideal for fences and less so if it is going to
be on the edge of a sidewalk where people can bang into it.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com