Old 20-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Dave-tx

Default Roses?

On 19 Feb 2003 14:23:44 -0800, Steve Coyle wrote:
On the posted list of Roses my favorite would be Don Juan and Dortmund
.I second the opinion on Don Juan, and as far as the Dortmund goes,
this is a more aggressive grower for a landscape Rose. ( For cut
flowers I'd use the Don Juan, the Dortmund is a single ) Brilliant
red, with a white center, yellow stamens. What I like about it for a
landscape Rose is that the leaves are real glossy and bright. It is
a thorny Rose, so it's ideal for fences and less so if it is going to
be on the edge of a sidewalk where people can bang into it.

Any recommendations as to where I can buy either of these types? I'm not
a frequent buyer of plants, so I really don't know what places are good,
and what to avoid.

Thanks,
Dave