Old 23-01-2003, 05:21 PM
animaux

Default Blueberries in a pot

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:32:59 GMT, zhanataya wrote:

Way back when I ordered some from a nice man (Don Chapman?) who used
to participate here, I don't have it now though. My gardening book
(1929) says ......"they rely for their food upon microscopic
organisms attached to their roots, which appear to function only when
certain conditions are approximated. These are soil acidity and
proper aeration." Is the mychorriza the microorganisms my book is
referring to? Where can I purchase it now?

zhan

I believe Don is still around, his website is:

http://www.bio-organics.com/

However, now you can buy it in just about any good garden center. Make sure it
is VAM mycorrhiza (spelled correctly without the e, and correct both ways).

VAM is a combination of fungi. And yes, that is what they were talking about in
1929, before they knew much about soil.