Old 17-02-2003, 12:44 AM
David Hershey

Default Spider plant

Tipburn in spider plant is often caused by high levels of boron or
fluoride in the irrigation water or potting soil. You could check with
your water company and see how much boron and fluoride are in your tap
water. Fluoride is often added to prevent tooth decay. Superphosphate
contains fluoride, so is not recommended as a phosphate fertilizer for
spider plant.

Softened water is very bad for most houseplants, so be sure you aren't
using water from a water softener. Softened water contains sodium
which is often toxic to plants.

Monique Reed's recommendation to use distilled, deionized or or
reverse osmosis water is worthwhile.