Old 26-02-2003, 02:41 AM
Tom Markert

Default Jade plant

Hey, new to the group so please be nice...
My girlfriend bought me a jade plant as a gift and I would like to
repot it. (it probably needs it)
I know a bit about plants from having the aquatic types that I raise
and used to sell to pet shops, but what I wanted to ask is:
Should I do it now while it is somewhat dormant (being winter here)
And what would be the best soil mixture to use? ie part sand/part
potting soil... Straight mushroom soil... ecetra.....
Anyfertilizers to start with? In the aqua stuff we put down a "first
layer" that helps feed the roots...
Sorry I dont remember the scientific name, but it seems to be a common
Jade plant...
Thanks in advance