Old 23-01-2003, 10:07 PM
kate

Default Best Grass for an Active Dog?

Bermuda has survived my dog (and I) for the past 6 years of throwing the
ball, throwing the ball, throwing the ball.....

(Is it really possible to kill Bermuda grass?)

Kate

Kyle Boatright wrote:

Facts...

Sunny yard. Atlanta area. Very active dog who has torn up the (already
sparse) yard at my new (15 year old) house during the course of endless
frisbee and tennis ball chasing.

What's the most resilient grass for wear? Zoysia? Bermuda? I know Zoysia
is more expensive, and heals slower, but have the impression that it may be
tougher than Bermuda. Forget Fescue. Too fragile, and won't fill back in
after damage.

Thoughts? Opinions? Wanna help me prep the soil and lay sod sometime in
May?

KB