Old 01-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Jim Webster

Default The Levis Boycott

"Gordon Couger" wrote in message
news:3eae6022_3@newsfeed...

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

"Gordon Couger" wrote in message
news:3eae226d_1@newsfeed...
If you are working in them Levis 501 will out wear any of the others.

When
was feeding hay I would wear out 3 or 4 pair a year and nothing else

would
last a month.

I really hate them giving money to PETA but as long as they buy cotton

from
Plains Co Op I won't bite the hand that feeds me.

Gordon

must admit I never bothered with either levis or wranglers, as I could

pick
up other jeans across here which wore better. Whether they don't import
proper working jeans into the UK from the US I wouldn't like to say

The 501 with copper rivets and shrink when you was them are the ones that
wear. They have buttons not a zipper. If it was for fashion they were 3/4
wore out when they were new.

No, I never used them. I have gone over to reaper trousers that are 65%
polyester, 35% cotton and they last as long as any denims I've ever had.
Better because the pockets are the same material and don't wear out. Also
useful round here, they are far faster drying out that denim which I can see
not being a problem for some of you :-))

Jim Webster

Gordon