Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Kelly E Jones

Default Shareholders Pond is a Disaster

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...
I hooked the check valve up tonight and tossed in the pump. In a few

minutes
I had an empty VF and an overflowing pond. It appears the VF input pipe

that
is attached to the bottom drain is too high, so the water was flowing back
into the pond.

BV,

I'm not a ponder (yet), but I'll offer these suggestions:

1) Calm down, take a break, do something else for awhile. Then think
hard about what you're doing, before you do it.

2) Make a water level, and learn how to use it.

3) Options for fixing your situation:
a) dig your VF deeper, and cover the liner with rock edging, or
b) raise the sides of your pond, or
c) put your pump in the pond, and pump water UP to the VF.
Let the water return to the pond (from the VF) via an overflow. (My
impression is that that's how most here do it). But placing the FV
higher than the pond, and then using the pump to pump water FROM the
VF, just cannot be made to work.

Kelly