Old 01-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Merle Finch

Default Anyone know snakes?

As folks have informed you by now, this is a copperhead. When I lived
in southern Wake County, near Fuquay-Varina, in the deep woods, we
used to get crops of baby copperheads all over the yard and driveway.
They never caused us any problems but knowing that Momma was somewhere
nearby did.

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 04:43:16 GMT, "Beth Peace"
wrote:

Some kids were trying to decide what to do with this skinny little 8" long
snake in the road. I picked him up by his tail, tossed him on the lawn,
and snapped his photo. I looked on the web, and one that looks quite similar
is a copperhead. Oops?

Here's a link I found on the web - http://tinyurl.com/1y6y
Here's a close up of the one in the yard:
http://home.nc.rr.com/hannclan/snake.html. I doubt
he'll survive the night since he wasn't active at all, but I don't know much
about snakes either.

Beth

---
Merle Finch SAS Institute, Inc. Cary NC USA
Opinions expressed probably never reflect those of SAS Institute.