Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Lance

Default Compost - Was: Anyone know snakes?

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
Lance, I assume you're joking -- I've had compost piles nigh on 25
years at various houses, and the benefit of the compost *far* outweighs
the "pejorative" of my having seen a couple of little bitty snakes in
the latest pile.

No, I wasn't joking!

However...I'm still thinking about starting a compost pile. Maybe you and
someone else could answer a few questions for me?

I was planning on using it just to "recycle" it in the soil in garden areas.
What other uses are there for compost?

Also - what about the smell? Will it offend my neighbors?

Lance