Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Anyone know snakes?

Elliot may be entirely right in his assessment of his dogs' reaction to
bites from copperheads, but we were, after all, talking about human
beings!

Check out: http://pulm.imed.missouri.edu/ER/art..._38_1_p055.pdf

Lastly, I'd rather "err on the side of caution," myself. And most of
what I found on the subject of copperhead bites mentioned necrosis.

Anne Lurie

Elliot Cramer wrote:

Tom Gauldin wrote:

: What I was told was that while the bite would probably not be fatal, it
: could easily cause the loss of a finger or toe due to necrosis from the
: poison, swelling and restriction of blood supply to the extremity.

That seems unlikely. I give my dogs some ampicillin and antihistamine and
they do fine