Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Pat Brothers

Default Where to buy Little Gem Magnolia?

My Little Gem blooms from summer into November. They need a lot of sun
to bloom and remain full. Mine was in a bit too much shade until we
took down a big oak. Any of your local nurseries should carry them. A
well grown tree may cost more but may be worthwhile considering how slow
they grow.
Daniel Barton wrote:

Daniel Barton wrote:

My wife and I want to purchase a Little Gem Magnolia tree
for our home. I've seen these for sale at local nurseries
but they were pretty expensive. Does anybody know of a
wholesale nursery that we can get one at a cheaper price?

I discovered that McLamb's Nursery in Angier sells these
trees. You have to call and order one and then they'll
dig it out of the field and ball/burlap it for you. Does
anyone here have any experience with their trees?

Thanks, Daniel

--
Pat Brothers
The Powell House