Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Emily G.

Default Can this tree be saved?

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
om...

Yep, I agree with what's already been said about saving your large trees.
In my experience, if half of the tree's branches remain then we can count

on
it recovering, especially if most of the damage is in the interior of the
top. To give it/them a better advantage, you may want to water it during
the dry spells of summer.
Good luck,
Jeny

My original post is a moot point now. By Sunday, my huge oak had lost over
75% of its branches so we are taking it down. I can only guess that it was
weakened by the drought since most oaks did not have such extensive damage.

On a silver lining note...now that my yard will get some sun, maybe I will
be able to grow a decent tomato.

Emily