Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Mexican Oregano?

Marshall, I don't have an answer to your question, but this seems like a
good time to pose a question that I'd been meaning to post in
triangle.dining: in the local groceries (and in El Mandado supermarket,
detailed in my tri.dining post), I see oregano in bulk -- not bulk as in
measure-your-own, but much larger quantities than in the usual container.

My question: is Mexican oregano interchangeable with the usual dried stuff
(most of which ends up on pizza in my house, anyway)?

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Marshall Blythe" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

This year I'm going to try growing a Mexican herb garden to complement
the tomatoes and tomatillos I use in preparing homemade Mexican dishes.
I've found sources for cilantro and epazote, but I have some questions
about Mexican Oregano (lippia graveolens):

1.) Have any of you grown it in the triangle area? If so, how well does it

grow
in our area?

2.) Where can I find seed/plants? A local source is preferred.

Thanks!
--
Marshall

Remove "devnull" from my email address to reply