Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Pat Brothers

Default Mexican Oregano?

Have not seen Mexican oregano offered but it's cousin lemon verbena is
readily available as plants in the spring. Best propagated from
cuttings. I read an article which documented a pretty good success
overwintering the plant by cutting it back after the first frost and
burying it deeply in mulch over the winter.

Marshall Blythe wrote:

Hi,

This year I'm going to try growing a Mexican herb garden to complement
the tomatoes and tomatillos I use in preparing homemade Mexican dishes.
I've found sources for cilantro and epazote, but I have some questions
about Mexican Oregano (lippia graveolens):

1.) Have any of you grown it in the triangle area? If so, how well does it grow
in our area?

2.) Where can I find seed/plants? A local source is preferred.

Thanks!

Pat Brothers
The Powell House
Wake Forest NC
Zone 7b
and the Perennials lady at Atlantic Avenue Orchid and Garden Center