Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Siouxzi

Default New to NC - other gardening Moms in this area?

Welcome to the Triangle, Bea!
No doubt you'll meet people who share your interests.
And if you hang out on this list, you'll get lots of useful pointers
and tips about what to plant, how and when. Maybe your questions need
to be a little more specific--like what kind of garden do you have and
want, what veggies are you hoping to grow, etc.
In the early spring, trips to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh will also
help you get your first garden in and to learn what works well here.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,
Sue

On 10 Jan 2003 20:45:56 GMT, (Beadreamer66)
wrote:

Hi,

my name is Bea (36) and I am a married Mom. We moved to NC just a few months
ago, will move to our steady home (has to be steady from now on...!!!)in just a
few weeks - finally time for a garden of my own, since had to leave my garden
behind in Germany, where I came from.
Now I am totally new to US gardening in general, but I am trying to get
adjusted, but the south is a bit harder to learn - at least seems so to me. I
love flowers and colors. Who can help me?
We are moving to the borderline of West Clayton/Smithfield area (right now we
are living in the East Clayton area)...and it would be great to find some
people around that area, who would not only share information, but also would
be intersted in meeting and eventually making friends. A Mom out there with
similar interests besides gardening? I like crafts(cross stitch and sewing
first hand) and cooking. We also love animals and have two dogs and two cats.

Hope to hear from someone soon...have a nice day

Bea