Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Patskywriter

Default New to NC - other gardening Moms in this area?

There's an excellent gardening book called the North Carolina Gardener's
Guide that I highly recommend in getting started growing
things here.

another good book is "month-by-month gardening in the carolinas," which is
extremely useful to me, as i'm from illinois. divided into sections, the book
lists things-to-do by annuals/biennials; bulbs, corms, rhizomes, and tubers;
herbs and vegetables; houseplants; cool-season lawns; warm-season lawns;
perennials; roses; shrubs; trees; vines and ground covers; and water gardening.
the author's name is bob polomski.

another good book is "the north carolina fruit and vegetable book" by walter
reeves and felder rushing.

pat