Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Garden watchdog

Thanks again, MAC, for posting about the Garden Watchdog website at
http://www.gardenwatch.dog.com !!! To my surprise, I received a reply from
Jackson & Perkins after they saw my post to GardenWatchdog a mere 3 days ago
(I was in a rather sad/bad mood Saturday night). According to the email,
they'll be happy to offer a replacement collection (no mention of price
and/or shipping, but we'll see). I think it helped my case that I was not
simply complaining about a plant I ordered that did not grow; anyone in J&P
Customer Service could check on the back-and-forth for that order (actually
the only order on my J&P account).

We shall see......

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

(barely able to type after wielding heavy loppers yesterday!)
_____________

"MAC" wrote in message
I love ordering from garden catalogs, but I've had more than one bad
experience where I ordered, say, a tree and received a little twig
that was half-dead before it even reached me. There's one especially
rotten outfit that falls into that category and sends out several
catalogs under different names.

A while back I stumbled on the Garden Watchdog site, where people send
in their experiences and they're put into a big database, and it's
been very helpful in avoiding those disappointing orders. Thought I'd
share it here, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been sold a box
of future compost.

MAC

--

Take out Chinese to reply.