Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Pat Brothers

Default Garden watchdog

Instead of mail order, you may want to check your local garden center.
Many carry J&P roses and you can see what you are getting. Both Star and
Weeks Roses are now marketing 'box' roses to independent garden centers
as well.

Katie wrote:

I moved from the Triangle 4 years ago, but still lurk on this group. When I
learned about Garden Watchdog here, I too posted there about my incredibly
bad Jackson & Perkins experience. I had a really nice email from them today
too and they also offered to send me replacement plants this year free of
charge.

You know, it's nice they're monitoring that Garden Watchdog website and
trying to make it right, but everything was so incredibly *wrong* with my
order from them last year. I can go into more detail if anyone's interested,
but suffice it to say the plants they sent were puny, sickly, and/or dead
and customer service was lacking (although they did refund the price of all
the dead plants after many months and many calls).

We'll see what they send this spring.

Katie (now in the DC area)

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message

Thanks again, MAC, for posting about the Garden Watchdog website at
http://www.gardenwatch.dog.com !!! To my surprise, I received a reply

from

Jackson & Perkins after they saw my post to GardenWatchdog a mere 3 days

ago

(I was in a rather sad/bad mood Saturday night). According to the email,
they'll be happy to offer a replacement collection (no mention of price
and/or shipping, but we'll see). I think it helped my case that I was not
simply complaining about a plant I ordered that did not grow; anyone in

J&P

Customer Service could check on the back-and-forth for that order

(actually

the only order on my J&P account).

We shall see......

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

(barely able to type after wielding heavy loppers yesterday!)

Pat Brothers
The Powell House
Wake Forest, NC
USDA Zone 7b