Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Kira Dirlik

Default Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin*

On 31 Jan 2003 09:19:36 -0500, "C.L. Lassiter"
wrote:

I had a flying squirrel use one last winter, but s/he didn't hang
around for long.

cl

I just checked my bluebird house again (which I do about once a
month), and that little flying squirrel squirmed around in the nest,
then poked his head out the top of it to look at me. He/she doesn't
seem very scared of me anymore. Soooo cute. Big black eyes and
little pink nose. Okay.... 3 years in there.... I wonder if the
squirrels poop in their nest. I don't know if babies have been in
there. I sure wish I could clean it out, but I don't want to evict
the resident.
Kira