Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Bees in your Garden?

In article k.net,

I am urging any of you who feel that urban gardeners should have the
availability of pollination for their different fruits and other crops
to read the article and then post your comments at the end.

Kelly Garner wrote:

Best quote in the article (from a reader comment):

"Removing all bees from the city will not make the city a safe place for that allergic
person. They are still at risk from wasps and wild bees that don't know how to read city
ordinances."

*laugh* I must also confess that I am a gardener with a fairly severe
allergic reaction to bee stings. Best course of action is to simply
keep an epipen in the house not to ban bees. To be honest, you leave
them alone and they don't usually bother you.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

p.s. The only times I've been stung has been while walking in sandals
when I've managed to pick up a bee and flip it up between my foot and
the sandal.