Old 29-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Jonathan Ball

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

Jim Webster wrote:
Jonathan Ball wrote in message

A lick and a block are the same thing, you ignoramus.

Not in my part of the world. A lick is a natual salt deposit.

Not if it's being sold by a commercial company, you doofus.

in the UK a lick will tend to be salt based, with added minerals

a feed block will tend to be molasses and grain based with added
minerals.

yet there will inevitably be exceptions to this rule and some companies
will call their products "buckets" or "Rockies" or other terms of their
own. This isn't a problem as like the Texan company mentioned earlier,
they will include a list of most of the ingredients.

But do not try to use names used in one country in another, as they will
not necessarily be the same. Gordon is from the USA where they may speak
English but only after a fashion, and call things differently. This is
why people like Lotus who don't know anything meaningful about
agriculture in the real world can make themselves look complete idiots
when they quote US websites in a UK context or vice-versa.

You're not much brighter than Gordon; no surprise
you're trying to pull his scorched balls out of the fire.

Reread ~~shitweed's~~ claim:

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of
mineralised FEED blocks in the UK.

and then note that the site I referenced is a UK site.
That company CLEARLY is using "lick" and "block"
synonymously.

You're even stupider than I thought, because the
company in that site is not using the word "Rockies" as
a generic term; it is a trademarked name of a
particular lick ( = block) that they sell.

Proving that you graze hourly in the pasture of
stupidity, you are guaranteed to come back with some
sophomoric retort to try to show that you didn't
misunderstand. You DID misunderstand; little nuggets
of stupidity-grass will be falling from your lips even
as you compose your dimwitted retort.