Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Anne Lurie

Default dogs and shade plants

I hate to sound stupid, but are you talking about plants that dogs won't
eat? won't dig up? won't kill by peeing on them?

Also, are the dogs yours? (I'm not trying to be funny, but I'm just trying
to get an idea of the parameters!) For example, my own dogs are both female
half-Labs, and the only pets running loose (besides them) are rabbits, so I
don't have to worry about the dogs' peeing on plants. Eating, possibly.
Digging up, definitely! "Dental-pruning the azaleas," yes! [Dogs digging
up an azalea in order to bury the rabbit they caught -- still in the
future, I hope!]

My suggestion so far: Hosta! As far as I know, dogs don't eat it, and it
seems fairly hardy -- although I might have a better idea after it comes
up again.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"R B" wrote in message
om...
Anyone have suggestions for shade plants that would taste bad or
otherwise be undesirable to dogs? Suggestions of any size welcome.

Thanks!

RB