Old 23-01-2003, 10:38 PM
zhanataya

Default Blueberries in a pot

On 23 Jan 2003 14:01:18 -0800, (Pen) wrote:

Mine is doing well with lots of sun. The best pollinators seem to be
bumblebees. To plant blue berries in my alkaline clay soil, I dug a
4' diametre hole about 2' deep and filled with peat moss. Don't plant
it in peat right away. Peat takes time to thoroughly moisten and will
settle over time. I've also top dressed with worm compost and
Starbuck's used coffee (ask any Starbucks if they'll give you their
garbage).

I got plenty of bees and bumblers. There's a new Starbucks in town
now, and doing a land office business. I'd forgotten about coffee
grounds. I know they do a lot for tilth, can't remember the concensus
on acidity tho. Will coffee grounds help in that aspect?