Old 29-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Jonathan Ball

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

Michelle Fulton wrote:
"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message

California. Actually, I only *live* in California; I
occupy my house.

...which occupies space in California ;-)

Not based on his participation in this thread.

He participates in many threads sharing his vast

Heh. He doesn't seem to know that salt licks are sold
as a manufactured product.

ag experience.

No. But professional, or any, involvement in
agriculture isn't a prerequisite for spotting
tunnel-visioned thinking in people like Gordon.

No, but it helps to have experience in what you are talking about.

I have decades of experience in spotting illogical
conclusions and tunnel-visioned ignornance like Gordon's.

It was STUPID and irrelevant for Gordon then to make
mention about what he considers to be the correct
terminology in his "part of the world". Note, as well,
that several people have disputed him. His implication
that salt "licks" ONLY are naturally occurring
formations is simply wrong, as I found dozens of
references in a Google search to industrially
manufactured salt licks for livestock.

I didn't notice him saying salt licks are *only* naturally occurring.

It's implied by what he wrote:

JB (to ~~shitweed~~):
A lick and a block are the same thing, you
ignoramus.

GC:
Not in my part of the world. A lick is a natual salt
deposit.

That's categorical, Michelle. He has DEFINED a lick as
a "natual [sic] salt deposit", at least in his "part of
the world." Clearly, he is wrong. I don't care where
he lives in Okiehoma, I could find a livestock feed
store within an hour's drive of where he lives,
probably even less, and they would sell manufactured
salt licks/blocks.

I took it simply as a statement of another

No, definitely not "another". He DEFINED salt lick as
a naturally occuring formation.

definition of a salt lick so as to
broaden the view of others reading the thread that were maybe only aware of
the man made kind. Actually, it seemed quite a break from the argument
over what a salt lick is, compared to a feed block. That is one of the
benefits of ng's, I think. You *get* to broaden your world view by reading
what people like Gordon and others from around the world share about their
'part of the world'.

I don't consider it worldview-broadening to read
someone's ignorant, and wrong, comment.

Lighten up, Jon :-) Sometimes you seem so nice and sometimes.....

I don't consider it a virtue to be "nice" to willfully
ignorant people.