Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Fig was only perennials at Raleigh Garden Club Sale?

Jane Peppler wrote:

I couldn't tell from the notification if the sale only includes
flowers/perennials or whether it might have shrubs etc. How about a fig
plant? Heh heh.

I just got a dwarf black fig this spring from Wayside. It's a small
plant but they grow very quickly. The ficus carica negronne is also
self-fertilizing so oyu only need one. I've been very pleased with all
my shipments from wayside as they take a lot of care in packing live
plants for shipment and the plants arrive in great shape. I'm growing my
fig as a container plant on my patio.

http://www.waysidegardens.com

Personally, I have grown to prefer mailorder for plants as I can
research what I want and then get *exactly* what I want instead of
taking whatever is available locally. The few problems (mostly missing
bulbs in bags but this wasn't with Wayside) I have had with mailorder
were rapidly taken care of and I've had no problems with any of the
plants I have received.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu