Old 30-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Jim Webster

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message

"Jim Webster" wrote:

Unfortunately he and lotus do not get on and you get long

tedious
threads where they insult each other. They do make a perfect

pair as
neither seems to have much grasp of the real world and tend to

confuse
the web with reality.

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Lotus wrote in message
'2.8 Dairy herds were far more affected by BSE than beef

herds.

yes, because Dairy herds are far more likely to get MBM in

their
rations,.

That too, as well as more manganese.

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar

which dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

--and this is where jim falls apart--

What in MBM is a better match with BSE, jim?

we haven't even starting discussing that. First we had to get you to
find out what was the difference between a lick and a block. Then you
asked the question what is MBM, so let us hear your answer to that. Once
we know what you think MBM is and can repair any gaps in your knowledge
then we can proceed to discuss the links between that and BSE.

You really haven't got the first clue about me and my life.

only that you claim
1) to be English
2) to live in Ireland
3) to own goats
4) to own horses
5) to go hedging
6) to support yourself as a "complementary healer"
7) to believe in inner earth beings

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'