Old 01-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Shareholders Pond is a Disaster

Hmm guess I don't understand why you can't put the pump after the bottom
drain. If it's submerisble, put it in a box and have the bottom drain
empty into the box and separate the pump with a screen.

BenignVanilla wrote:
snip
1) Calm down, take a break, do something else for awhile. Then think
hard about what you're doing, before you do it.

You are correct a few deep breaths will certainly help. I am just a bit
frustrated. After all these months of work and research, and I screw it up
by making a stupid error like this. It's enough to make you bonkers.

2) Make a water level, and learn how to use it.

I have one, and I know how to use it...Unfortunately, the area I am working
in is not really well adapted to using it to level the two ponds, so I tried
to eye ball things.

3) Options for fixing your situation:
a) dig your VF deeper, and cover the liner with rock edging, or
b) raise the sides of your pond, or
c) put your pump in the pond, and pump water UP to the VF.
Let the water return to the pond (from the VF) via an overflow. (My
impression is that that's how most here do it). But placing the FV
higher than the pond, and then using the pump to pump water FROM the
VF, just cannot be made to work.

Unfortunately, I cannot put the pump in the main pond and pump up because I
am using a bottom drain in my main pond. I'd rather not mess with the pond
edge if I don't have to because it so perfect right now. I am going to
experiment with digging the VF a bit deeper, and then deal with the
aesthetic problems this will cause.

BV.