Old 01-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Shiva

Default Ashdown

saki wrote:

Perhaps first a phone call might be in order. Sounds to me like a coding
error in the script rather than a true scheduling error, but a call

might clear this up for you. You could also check on actual availability
this way.

Could be, but I don't think he should have to.

I've noticed that with online merchants there's a widely varying
difference in the real-time reliability of order interfaces. My approach
(as a programmer myself) is to assume that they're first and foremost
plantsmen, not programmers. Some certainly don't have the resources to
support a full-time web designer who can assure that online systems
communicate with inventory or shipping databases, much less calculate

the
appropriate shipping time for your USDA zone.

All very logical and reasonable. On the other hand, they are competing
with some folks who really do have it together electronically and in all
ways. So they need to get it together.

My experience with Ashdown has been entirely positive.

So has mine. However--after I recommended them to a friend, she received
several roses, one of which looked really bad on arrival--down to one cane
and clearly diseased. When she contacted Paul, he told her to wait a while
and see what happened. What happened was a one-cane-wonder that dwindeled
to death. I am disappointed that he did not simply replact the rose. It is
what he should have done. She never contacted him again, just took the
loss and will not order from Ashdown again. I don't really blame her.

Just a thought.

----