Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Jim W

Default Fast growing climbers

Scott Mills wrote:

Hi,

I've just put up 3 6x6' trellis pannels and would like to now try to cover
it! What is the fastest growing climber that is pretty but must be rampent.

we have thought about ivy, but are there any other suggestions, I'd like
some colour there.

Passiflora can be pretty vigourous once it gets going..

Russian vine is a bit of a thug, likewise Boston Ivy.

Some of the Hederas can be pretty aggressive.. For a annual solution
try Cucurbita ficifolia.. I had one that did 30 ft in a year..

Peuraria lobata 'might' work, but hard to find.. Will do 30 m a season
in USA (where it is a pest) so might perform quite well in the UK (to a
lesser degree)
//
Jim