Old 01-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Fast growing climbers

In article 1fuaqbj.1knqa414vholmN%00senetnospam@macunlimited .net,
Jim W wrote:
Rod wrote:

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message How about the
Chilean Glory Vine ( Ecremocarpus(?) ), had one climbing one my workshop
for a few years....has a very long flowering season.

They can be grown easily from seed tho it's a bit late now to get it big
enough to flower this year. Probably cheap enough to buy a few to fill the
trellis while you think about something more permanent.

Ecremocarpus are perrenial, no? Or at least they are here in London..
If you sow htis year, they will establish and flower next year.

They are tender, but will self-sow if they like the location. I got
them established once in Cambridge, but have failed to repeat it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.