Old 01-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Sam

Default Fast growing climbers

"Scott Mills" wrote in message
Hi,

I've just put up 3 6x6' trellis pannels and would like to now try to

cover
it! What is the fastest growing climber that is pretty but must be

rampent.

we have thought about ivy, but are there any other suggestions, I'd

like
some colour there.

Don't whatever you do plant Russian vine. It isn't even pretty....
Eccremocarpus which some have suggested are very thin in colder
spots,for a nice annual how about mina lobata? And for rampantness,
you can't beat trailing nasturtiums (yes they climb as well) I had one
last year that nigh on strangled a buddleia, a garrya and a
lilac......
Slower but surer, one of those flat pyracanthas?

--
Sam
Remove top from email address to reply