Old 02-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Judy Rigby

Default Elderberry

In article , Chris
Stewart writes
Hi Judy,
Yes I have 2 in pots - both Sambucus Niger "Black beauty" - they are
in big pots (1/2 barrel size) and are doing very well thank you - just as
well as another which is the same age and in the garden proper. I live in
Aberdeen, so they have survived floods, frost, snow, rain - a normal day's
weather here in fact!

Hi Chris

Thanks very much I'm experimenting with a number of trees in big
pots. Particularly interested in seeing which of the native British
ones will respond well. The hazel (in huge pot) seems happy enough &
I'm also wondering whether a rowan would be able to thrive. If anyone
else has tried anything like this, I'd love to hear results ...
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html