Old 02-05-2003, 05:56 AM
B & J

Default mini crepe myrtles

wrote in message
http://www.netplants.net/crapemyrtle_varieties.htm
anybody ever see these? I just love crepe myrtle since living in D.C.

all summer
bloom in a perennial. wowo. and I do have someplace to over winter it.

Ingrid

Park Seed sells seeds for a variety called Crape Myrtelette (Lagerstroemia).
From a packet of 30 seeds planted in February, I ended up with eighteen
plants that are now 3" - 4" tall. They were sold as a hedge or shrub in
zones 7+, a herbaceous perennial in zone 6, and a pot plat further north.
They were featured in an article in "Flower and Garden" many years ago when
I first tried them and lived up to their name. Foot tall plants bloomed
readily with a good range of colors.

BTW, they root readily from cuttings.

John