Old 02-05-2003, 09:44 AM
dave @ stejonda

Default Can I make my neighbour prune his tree?

In message , FortyEight16
writes

"JK" wrote in message
A neighbour has a large tree which blocks out much of the sunlight from my
garden. Also, our house had to be underpinned a few years ago and trees
were quoted as a contributing factor. This tree is about 20 feet from the
house, so I'm concerned about future problems. I haven't approached them
yet, I wanted to find out what the position is before I did so, as I

suspect
they will not take kindly to being asked to pay a big tree surgeon's bill!

Why not offer to pay the bill yourself? Maybe I'm particularly selfish but
if a neighbour came to me with a proposal that he benefited from but
expected me to pay for, I wouldn't be too keen on agreeing.

OTOH, if it's potentially damaging the OP's property then what must it
be doing to the tree owner's property - you may be doing her a favour.

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during West End Theatre?