Old 02-05-2003, 01:56 PM
David Crighton

Default [IBC] San Jose Juniper questions

Thanks for all the opinions. Dan provided the answer I was seeking. I
didn't realize the bark on these was valued. Maybe I'll try scrubbing the
bark on something else.

--
David Crighton
Springfield (Illinois) Bonsai Society
"Daniel Avrin" wrote in message
In a message dated 4/27/2003 7:05:17 AM Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

I'm new to San Jose junipers, so I have a few questions.

Is scrubbing the bark for the red color recommended on this tree? Any
disadvantages?

I think that if you do this, you are negating one of the main ADVANTAGES

San Jose junipers as bonsai, namely the way they "bark up" quickly to give
you an aged look. San Jose junipers can easily look much older than they