Old 02-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Rogan

Default Squirrel digging up my pots ARRRGGHH

On Fri, 02 May 2003 10:23:42 GMT, dommy
wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have this problem. There are three of them now, they are called
squirrels but are really just rats with bushy tails.

I have grown some seedlings in pots but the little buggers keep digging
in the pots and sometimes even kill the seedling by jumping on them.

I have tried chille powder, chillies chopped up, peppers, but they
still keep digging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.

We put some gravel on top of the soil and that stopped our squirrels
(for the moment).

Of course little anti-squirrel landmines would be the ideal answer but
would probably have the undesired side affect of vapourising the very
plant you were trying to protect... still, might be worth the
sacrifice to see the little grey buggers shot into outer space

Adrian.