Old 02-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Paul Matthews

Default Lawn mowers

Paul Kelly wrote:

Petrol all the time other than for small (define small?) lawns. The
cable-hassle factor is a real faff, once you've tried petrol you won't
consider electric again! Maintenance is trivial!

Just got my first petrol mower - well happy with it.

I had a qualcast 10" cylinder and flymo 12" rotary electrics.

It is a wider cut, and more powerful so does not slow down the same as the
electrics, has a bigger grass collection box so does not need emptying as often
- I can do both lawns then empty it rather than having about 4 stops.

Lack of lead is brilliant - no messing about plugging in, slightly less worries
if everything not bone dry, no moving wires away from where I want to cut.

It is just a cheap £100 job with a B&S engine.
--
Paul Matthews

http://www.hepcats.co.uk