Old 02-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Brent Harsh

Default Mature Oak leaves with odd deformity

Anyone else have this fungus going on this year? It sounds like cool, wet
springs really bring on a severe outbreak and my one huge oak has been
really badly hit:

http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactS...oakblister.htm

(Actually, I just started to ask "does anyone know what would cause
blisters on my oak leaves?" when I decided a Google first would be a good
idea... that answered *that* question).

Anyway, from the webpage I found, it sounds like the spores could
overwinter and cause this to flare up again next spring. Has anyone had
this before and actually tried to do something about it? If I did want to
treat the tree (a 60' oak), how? Is it even feasible?

Thanks,
--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO
Cary, North Carolina, USA