Old 02-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default German GM wheat trials approved but site sabotaged

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

But this spring has been strange, three weeks ago I had a calf in a calf
hutch (like an individual kennel) go down with sun stroke because it

didn't
have the sense to lie in the shade like its mates. Today I had one with
exposure because it hadn't the brains to keep out of the driving rain last
night.Hopefully just bringing them into the buildings and fussing over

them
a bit is all it takes to bring them round

Do the mother's not push/coax them to where they need to be? Or, are they
just expected to follow the mother in order to eat?