Old 02-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Kay Easton

Default Upside-down beans

In article ,
Drakanthus writes
I found that by the simple means of getting an onion set upside down! Roots
came out of the top and headed south looking like the bars of a cage. When I
dug it up to replant it, I found the shoot heading upwards. Now it's
probably just confused.

I wonder what seeds / onion sets do in zero gravity? Do the roots just head off
in
every direction? Anyone know?

Haven't they been trying that sort of thing on the space station?

Not gravity, but like - I remember reading as a kid how to grow a zig-
zag potato by putting it in a closed box and open the ends to the light
alternately
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: