Old 02-05-2003, 05:56 PM
verizon

Default Venus Fly Trap Help?

Hi,

I bought a venus fly trap from home depot a little over a month ago,
everything is ok so far

i have been using tap water which seems to work (ny area tap water) so all
is well on that front...

today though we had a hot today out and i managed to catch a big fly, and
found another dead one

on the porch outside, i killed the one i found and put it in one of the
traps, but being a little anxious

(since this thing has not eaten anything since the first day i got it), and
since both are really big flies i decided to help one of the trap close and
now i am afraid that i might have hurt it. when i close the trap i only
applied pressure at the outer most region (where the "teeth"? are located)

so, my question is do you think i hurt it, is it ok to help the traps close
using the same method i have used in the future?

also does the dead fly i found have any nutritional value?

Thanks in advance

Guy Nussbaum