Old 02-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Snooze

Default Fish do feel pain

"vince candline" vjcandline@shawxxxzzz. wrote in message
. ..
Here is an interesting artical on fish and pain.

We know animals respond to negative stimuli, however I don't know if being
caught on a fishing lure, or being shot by a hunters rifle is going to
trigger a painful response from an animal. It would not surprise me if the
fish went into shock after being caught.

Humans don't feel immediately after being in bad accidents, because shock
blocks the brain from recognizing the pain.

A fish's brain may recognize, a certain stimuli is bad, and the brain may
say go somewhere else. But I doubt the brain says, "go round up the boys,
and introduce the fisherman to a Louisville slugger"

Sameer