Old 02-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Blaze1

Default Please help me ID this plant!

Hello,

I need to identify a plant in my yard.

This plant grows creeping along the ground. The leaves are thick and almost
rubbery to touch. The flower in the picture is just under the size of a
dime. This plant is very robust around my yard. it has popped up in various
places quite some distance from one another.

While it's not a bad looking plant, it grows rapidly and starts to over grow
the boundry of the dirt. (ie. starts to creep onto the path/patio). It also
starts to choke out other plants, frequently growing throughout the leaves
and branches of other flowers.

I live in Southern California.

Can someone please ID this plant by the picture I have posted here (same
pic, various sizes):

http://www.nfxtech.com/files/idplant_sm.jpg
http://www.nfxtech.com/files/idplant_med.jpg
http://www.nfxtech.com/files/idplant_lg.jpg

And if you have any background info/links on it I would also be very
appreciative.