Old 02-05-2003, 11:41 PM
dommy dommy is offline
Registered User

Location: London

well this was my ide of composting but it was small scale but it worked for me. After a trip to see family in sussex, i popped into a local farm and the farmer allow me to take as much cow manure as i wanted.

So i started filling the bags up, and it was already half decomposted, and there were plenty of brandling worms in it.

So when i got home these worms obvoiusly came with it, so anyways i worked most of it into my soil. Then i got a fairly large plasic tub and filled it half full of manure. Then I got some old potting compost and filled it up to 3/4's full.

Then all the kitchen waste, banna skins, carrot skins etc, i would chuck into the tub and cover with a little potting compost and then cover the tub. The worms muched up all the waste and turned it into compost. Also in about 3 months the worms had increased alot, there were little eggs everywhere and lots of little worms as well.

so put out more tubs and same process, its quite effieient