Old 02-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Allegra

Default Ashdown

"Cass" wrote in message

Like the hacks that put up Sequoia's first website. Some dispute
ensued, and the hack that did it won't take it down, has left it there
to confuse and confound google searchers. Hard to imagine the
contractual arrangment that allows *that* to happen.

Hello my dear,

Anyone with any authority at Sequoia can and should contact Google
about this matter. They do have "spiders" that continuously check for
the cache everywhere. The fact remains that there cannot be without
Sequoia's consent any reason why that other site is still in place. In fact
the hack who did the damage to begin with could very well be infringing
upon Mr. Moore's right to stop him from using 1: his likeness as it
appears in the first page of that site, 2: infringement upon the usage of
a trade name such as Sequoia, and third, I am sure Google would be
more than understanding about this matter. ( I am a volunteer translator
for Google and I know that if there is something left of class on the Web
Google has it) so, what are the remedies for this travesty?

First someone at Sequoia, perhaps the person who has designed the
second site (which still confuses the dickens out of people who have
no idea what "the supplemental list" is) to contact Google with the
explanation and request that their spiders do not visit that url as
in fact it is a violation of Mr. Moore's rights. I think hackers have one
big problem in general, they don't know what the heck they are doing
and they are very loud about doing it. If they know how to put it up
they sure as heck don't know how to take it down correctly.

A perfunctory search of "miniatureroses.com" shows that it is registered
under the name of someone in Colorado other than Mr. Ralph Moore
and so it supports the assumption that without specific permission from
Mr.Moore the usage of its name and likeness is a violation of basic
commerce laws. An issue that could be raised to inform Google of the
permanent confusion they are unknowingly and unwittingly helping to create.
Once Google is aware of this problem they can help Sequoia or the new
designer to correct it.

Allegra