Old 02-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Thornless roses

Greenie LeBrun wrote:
Shiva wrote:

On Thu, 01 May 2003 09:10:15 +1000, Greenie LeBrun
wrote:

Does any one know anything about these ?

Reines des Violettes is a mostly thornless hybrid perpetual. It's not
a bad rose.

I will second that. It is a fabulous rose out here.

Or are you talking about some kind they are marketing as thornless?

If so, why would you want one?

They are a particular strain - I saw them recently at a garden show, I
think the strain name was Smooth Touch.

Why do I want to find out more? Age and thin skin -

The Rosa Smooth series is spoken of very highly by a few people who I
know who have grown some of them - Monrovia is a very good nursery too,
though I have bought their plants only through other local nuseries and
have liked all of them:

http://www.monrovia.com/MonroviaWeb....256cae00805bc9!OpenDocument

--
Radika